International Association of Knowledge Auditors (Proposal)
Dr Ann Hylton - Knowledge Auditor and Author
I have it in mind to form the 'INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF KNOWLEDGE AUDITORS'.
I am proposing the formation of this professional body for Knowledge Auditors and asking that interested parties make their interest known to me. This will help me to determine if Knowledge Audit Specialists and Practitioners:
(a) want such a Knowledge Auditing professional body
(b) would like to be founding members of this association.
Founding members will have the important role of being committee members, (if they so desire), with all that such membership entails in a professional body organization.
The simple RATIONAL for this proposed professional body for Knowledge Auditors is:
1. I believe that the field or discipline of Knowledge Auditing has reached the level of maturity to warrant such an association.
2. There are only a few 'practicing' Knowledge Auditors and Knowledge Auditing Consultancies world-wide and we work disparately.
3. There are wide and varied methodologies, systems and standards of knowledge auditing being developed and used.
4. It is now time for commonality of base or core elements, methodologies and standards be determined and agreed within the field/profession of Knowledge Auditing, while still, of course naturally, allowing for variation in approaches, emphasis and delivery.
5. The Field/Profession/Discipline of Knowledge Auditing needs this level of credibility, which it currently does not have.
*Note: The above points are NOT necessarily in priority order, neither are they exhaustive.
If you are interested, as per above, you can email me at: email@example.com
You can also visit my website to learn more about me as a Knowledge Auditor. www.kekma-audit.com
Note: Here on Knowledge-Management-Online is the first and only forum that I have submitted this information/proposal/call.