Knowledge and Wisdom Quotes
This is a page of quotes that we have come across in our work that we find inspiring, especially in the context of effective knowledge management and the wise application of knowledge. We give due author credit, where known, but some quotes are unknown to us, but very good.
The list of quotes will grow by the week from January 2010, one by one,so please keep informed. We hope you will also find some inspiration and some deeper insights. Let's start:
“When you know better you do better.” ― Maya Angelou
1. Knowledge cannot be shared but arises perpetually in action. Knowledge is the process of relating...Esko Kilpi
1. With an abundance of free information on the web, 'attention' becomes the scarce resource.
2. Technology is now empowering the young people around the world to question everything that we thought to be true...GBG University
1. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious - Carl Jung
1. Knowledge empowers you to change how the world works.
2. When the solution is simple God is answering - Einstein
1. Wisdom begins with the dawn of reason, an understanding of the knowledge and principles whereby we may know the true meaning of things.
2. Pure learning is of no use unless it is backed by action. Otherwise we create dreamers rather than men and women of purposeful achievement.
1. I love talking about nothing.It's the only thing I know anything about - Oscar Wilde
2. "Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also." - Carl Jung
1. We can predict the future of knowledge work by redesigning it now. Ron Young
2."Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." Albert Einstein
3. "The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook." William James
4. “Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment.”
5. Knowledge is a life long companion
6. All the interests of my reason, speculative as well as practical, combine in the three following questions: 1. What can I know? 2. What ought I to do? 3. What may I hope?
1. "Knowledge is the endless pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty" Professor Nonaka
2. Our knowledge mantra is 'know and apply what you know the best, and link to the best of the rest' Ron Young
1. “There is one thing one has to have: either a soul that is cheerful by nature, or a soul made cheerful by work, love, art, and knowledge.”...Friedrich Nietzsche
1. When we know it, you'll know it...CNN
1. Knowledge is a life long companion
1. "Knowledge is the source of Wealth. Applied to tasks we already know, it becomes Productivity. Applied to tasks that are new, it becomes Innovation"...Peter Drucker
2. He who knows others is learned, he who knows himself is wise. Hindu proverb
3. "Innovation is the process that translates knowledge into economic growth and social well being" ...Australian Research Council
4. "Knowledge is better than riches since knowledge guards you whereas you have to guard riches. Knowledge governs while riches are governed. Riches diminish with spending but knowledge increases therewith". . .Ali abu Abi Tabb
5. What is most important is the knowledge of how to apply knowledge...Ron Young
6. Produce extraordinary results through the wise application of knowledge...Ron Young
7. "The geography of wealth is being reshaped by our tools"...Kevin Kelly, New Rules for the New Economy
1. Education is the key to the survival of the human race
2. A stable system, whether it's a society or an ecology, doesn't change readily; it's committed to the status quo
3. No matter how hard you may plan, life has a plan for you
4. "Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value" - Einstein
1. If habits are thousands of times stronger than desires, what chance has a KM vision unless we can change our knowledge working routines?
2. Always remember the simplicity of wisdom in our world of complex knowledge...Ron Young
3. Once you put a label to something, you separate it, and it loses its authentic place in the whole.
1. 'Every successful business starts out as a movie in someone's mind'.
2. "The web has fundamentally changed the economics of knowledge".
3. Heisenberg's uncertainty principle teaches 'when you change the way you look at something, the thing you look at changes in response'.
4. Intuition is the faculty of knowing before you think.
5. Every day millions of people use Twitter to create, share and discover information.
6. Our experiences colour what we know
7. Responsibility means the ability to have a creative response to the situation as it is now
1. "I never understand why some people think writing is dismal. To me, its a love letter to the world".
2. "The practical dreamers have always been, and always will be, the pattern-makers of civilisation".
3. "We have harnessed the ether, and made it serve as a means of instantaneous communication with any part of the world".
4. "On principle-centred KM, principles will apply at all times and in all places. They are timeless, they uplift, they ennoble and they inspire us"...Ron Young
1. "Some see things as they are and ask why? Others dream things that never were and ask why not?" - George Bernard Shaw
2. "I don't believe, I know" - Carl Jung
3. "A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle" Kahlil Gibran
4. "Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life." - Sandara Carey
5. “All knowledge is connected to all other knowledge. The fun is in making the connections.” Arthur Aufderheide
6. "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle(384 BC - 322 BC)Greek Philosopher
7. "To succeed in this economy organizations must transform themselves from knowledge-hoarding hierarchies to knowledge-sharing networks" Art Murray
8. "An ideal is an idea you have just fallen in love with" James Allen
9. "What gets rewarded gets done" Jack Welch
1. "The only thing that gives an organization a competitive edge, the only thing that is sustainable, is what it knows, how it uses what it knows and how fast it can know something new!”- Larry Prusak
2. "Learning inside must be equal to or greater than change outside the organization - or the organization is in decline and may not survive" - Jack Welch
3. 'Relation and connection are not somewhere and sometimes, but everywhere and always' Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. 'In vain have you acquired knowledge if you have not imparted it to others' Deuteronomy Rabbah
5. 'Truth is the highest and most perfect thought'
1. The greatest business of life is thinking. The greatest events of an age are its best thoughts...Bovee
2. What can be done through the web, will be done through the web...Ron Young
3. Learning is not compulsory, neither is survival...W Edwards Deming
4. The study of the best that has been thought in the world gives supreme pleasure
5. The hardest work is to succeed in bringing about the right mental attitude
6. There is a great difference between simply thinking, and directing our thoughts 'consciously, systematically and constructively'.
7. Knowledge is Unity. Ignorance is diversity...Swami Vivekananda
8. LUCK is a good acronym for 'Labouring under Certain Knowledge'
9. Only that which we do ignorantly we ought to do knowingly, and better.
10. Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.
1. Wisdom is timeless and doesn't change, knowledge changes over time...Ron Young
2. The greatest knowledge you can gain is knowledge of the Truth
3. If only I knew then what I know now
4. In the long history of humankind (and animal kind too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed...Charles Darwin