by Sam Marshall
I'm the director of ClearBox Consulting, advising on intranet strategy, online collaboration and knowledge retention. I've specialised in intranets and knowledge Management for over 14 years, working with organisations such as Unilever, BT, BUPA and Standard Life.
I was responsible for Unilever’s Global Portal Implementation, overseeing the roll-out of over 700 online communities to 90,000 people and consolidating several thousand intranets into a single system.
In the Knowledge Management (KM) field, I led a Unilever initiative to create a comprehensive KM methodology, focussed on KM strategy and Communities of Practice. Unilever was shortlisted for the “Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise” every year from 2001-2006.
I'm a regular speaker at international conferences, including KM Europe, KM Asia, and Online Information.
Consulting Services Offered:
INTRANET and PORTALS
* Designing an intranet strategy that directly support your organisation's goals and performance metrics
* Intranet Mentoring – I can be part of your Steering Group to offer an independent perspective
* Delivering value from intranets as part of an overall communication and content management strategy
* Global deployment issues – ensuring the right balance between global and local
* Governance – ensuring the right support and controls are in place to fit organisational culture and objectives
* Virtual Teams - I work with physically distributed teams to enhance how they work, looking at technology, communication and leadership aspects
* Collaboration Environments - an organisation-wide review of how well team working is supported, including technology and how it fits together, awareness, training, practice and culture.
* Knowledge transfer and retention during organisational change such as re-organisations or retirement
* Knowledge elicitation & mapping
* Building and sustaining Communities of Practice
Intranet Strategy, Portal Strategy, Online communications, Web 2.0, Collaboration, Virtual Team Working, Online Communities, Knowledge Retention, Knowledge Transfer, KM Strategy