Planetary Knowledge - personal knowledge management in a global knowledge economy
This page describes a forthcoming ebook on personal knowledge management.
This book is written to change lives and organizations around the world.
It provides substantial opportunity in a rapidly growing global knowledge economy, despite global recession in traditional economies.
This book describes in simple steps the means to effective knowledge working.
All you need to participate is use of a personal computer, access to the World Wide Web, and a passion to succeed. Virtually all of the methods and tools described in this book are free today on the web, or at a very low cost.
It is a book that contains one of the most critical and essential life skills for the 21st Century – how to become an effective knowledge worker - in a rapidly growing global knowledge economy.
The book has been inspired by the Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales, who said
“Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge. “
This book shows you how to much better develop your ability to create, capture, store, share, apply and sell your knowledge by applying the best personal knowledge management disciplines, process, methods and tools. It provides you with a very fast, convenient solution, immediately downloadable, and it has been written by Ron Young, one of the thought leaders in global knowledge management today.
It is a book where you will learn how to:
• Create personal income and wealth in a rapidly growing knowledge economy
• How to develop a perfect business with no financial capital and turn your personal knowledge into digital income
• How to save money by less ‘reinventing of the wheel’ and ‘repeating the same mistakes’
• How to avoid stress and ‘information overload’ and save time and effort, by organising and accessing your information and knowledge effectively in a personal goal and results focused way
• How to develop valuable sought after knowledge working skills and competencies
• How to use your brain more effectively to provide you with the events, circumstances and opportunities you need to succeed
• How to successfully participate in global knowledge community web services
• How to develop a knowledge based livelihood that significantly contributes to a more sustainable and ecologically friendly planet
For the past fifteen years, Ron Young has been giving presentations, running seminars, workshops and conferences all over the word in knowledge management. He was also inspired to write this book following his introductory quote from the late Professor Peter Drucker who said
“The greatest contribution that management has made in the 20th Century was to increase the productivity of manual working fifty fold. The greatest contribution that needs to be made in the 21st Century is to similarly increase the productivity of knowledge working fifty fold”.
This book aims to dramatically increase personal knowledge working skills, competencies, productivity and income.
Whether you are working in a large organization in a developed economy that could benefit from your increased knowledge working skills, or an individual in an under-developed nation that wishes to participate in a global knowledge economy, this book will most certainly change your life.
1. A day in the life of a global knowledge worker
2. Trust the system and start using the knowledge tools today
3. The practical personal daily knowledge management process
4. The principles of personal knowledge management
5. The global knowledge community
6. The global knowledge web services
If you would like to automatically receive an early email notification, when the ebook is published, please register below:
View free 20 minute PKM video here
View free 'Influence of Web 2.0 on personal knowledge management' video here